I need noise when creating. It helps to anchor me to what I’m working on with the added benefit of entertainment!
I am a strong audio processor in terms of my ADHD and background noises help me to focus. So when I find the perfect audio while working I become engrossed with what I’m doing.
What I listen to can be broken down into three categories:
- Video Essays
I love video essays! The more obscure the topic the better! Some of my favorite topics are horror films, science fiction, and pop culture!
Here are a few of them:
I discovered a love of audiobooks last year and have trying to listen to what I can! They often influence the style of builds I work on (depending on the topic). They range from science fiction to art to scientific topics such as mycology.
Here’s a list of a few that I recommend:
- Gathering Moss by Robin Wall Kimmer
- This is Your Brain on Parasites by Kathleen McAuliffe
- Entangled Life by Merlin Sheldrake
- World War Z: The Complete Edition by Max Brooks
- The Secret Lives of Color by Kassia St. Clair
- Van Gogh by Steven Naifeh and Gregory White Smith
Much like Audiobooks, I listen to a variety of podcasts. Some are hobby related some are not. Here’s a quick little list of some:
- ArtCurious Podcast
- The Last Podcast On The Left
- The Cutting Mat
- Built Sideways Podcast
- Strawberry spring by Stephen King
- The ADHD Artist Podcast
- Dressed: The History of Fashion
What do you think? Drop a comment below and let me know, I’d love to hear it.
Have a happy Monday everyone!